I’ve previously written about using Facebook ads to increase your business. In this issue we are going to talk about social media management for better search engine rankings and traffic.
There are a number of affiliate marketers that point out that Facebook has grown to be more effective than Google in terms of getting traffic. Whether this is true or not, it’s not surprising to know that many other marketers are jumping on the bandwagon to try out Facebook marketing for themselves because it is a lot cheaper and less difficult to set up.
Think about these tips on how to get appropriate traffic from Google right to your Facebook business page.
- Back Link. Back Link. Back Link.
There are actually a number of ways you can lead your potential clients and customers towards your page. This is one of the beauties of social networking. You can do this by using backlinks depending on the number of ‘Likes’ that you get. This is also known as on-site optimization.
The offsite way is to build links using other websites such as your formal website, article submission sites, other social networking sites, email signatures and so on. Use of articles to set up backlinks is quiet efficient and cost-effective as well. Not only that, they also allow you to present your company to your prospects before getting to your main page.
- Use your Business Name
While it’s good to be thoughtful with your profile and updates, the same does not follow for your Facebook name. Of course, you need your name to be easily searchable in Facebook. This helps keyword optimization. Be sure that your business name doesn’t come with too much hype. In some cases, you might also need to differentiate yourself from another similar business name. If the business name is Jeremiah’s Fruit Shakes, for example, and there’s something that sounds similar, then make it Jeremiah’s Organic Alabama Fruit Shakes.
The same goes for vanity URLs. This is a somewhat fresh addition to Facebook features supposedly placed to make the searching for your Fan page easier. Similar to your business name, your URL should be very relevant. Go for something direct such as facebook.com/jeremiahsfruitshakes.
- Complete your Profile
Your landing page plays an important role in gaining plenty of Facebook fans. Your potential customers will decide to read your profile and become your fan depending on how beneficial and interesting your page is. So answer completely as much as possible. Provide helpful content in your About Page.
Remember to place keyword rich content in your squeeze page. Aside from using targeted keywords, you can also add in broad, general keywords that are typically used in your preferred niche. This is so Google can easily find your page. Also, make use of customer feedback or testimonials as these will help you attract more prospects. This will add trustworthiness to your page and to your brand in general.
It is not encouraged though, to use the Fan or Business Page in lieu of an official website. At most, a Facebook page is just a great addition to any business website because it acts as a community among prospective customers and clients alike.
More articles on marketing you might find interesting:
- How Do I Create A Brand Marketing Plan? « Higher Ed Marketing … – How Do I Create A Brand Marketing Plan? 31 Aug. If the words “brand marketing plan” scare you, I’ve got good news. Help is on the way. Brand marketing plans sound scarier than they actually are, but that doesn’t mean they don’t take some …
- Marketing Idea No. 105 – Branding Vs. Marketing « Creating the … – Marketing Idea No. 105 – Branding Vs. Marketing November 18, 2007. Posted by shahriar amin in 101-110. trackback. Sounds contradictory! After all both marketing and branding co existed in almost all text books for decades …
- Four Basic Emotions to Sell Anything « Blogation – Back in the early 1980s, my parents decided to try to get into mail order. Specifically, I believe they decided to sell a pumpkin pie recipe by advertising it in magazines. To make sure they had the marketing down right, they …
- The Top 30 Social Network Sites for Baby Boomers « Direct … – With Baby Boomers and Generation Jones (the long-lost generation between the Boomers and Xers, born 1954-1965, 26% of all U.S. adults) receiving huge media attention in Western Europe, and now increasingly in the …